Villa La Castellina is an old farmer’s home known as “casa colonica” from the late 1800s (certain parts are approximately 500 years old) has been restored to high specifications using the best craftsmanship the Italian industry has to offer. Much care and attention to detail has been devoted to bringing back to life a little part of the Tuscan landscape.
The villa boasts 360 panoramic gorgeous views being perched on a plateaux at the foothills of the old village of Montegonzi which is about 1000 years old. The villa was renovated and furnished primarily as a home.
The owners embarked on a journey of 4 years from searching to completion with an extensive structural, architectural and aesthetic renovation and restoration project. It was a painstaking process filled with passion and love for the house, the surrounding land and attention to detail.
However, due to the quality and style of finishing and furnishing of the property, the estate being perched on a plateau surrounded by 8 hectares (20 acres) of arable land, woods and 1100 olive trees, , the property is more suitable for an adult clientele. While La Castellina provides up to three cots for babies up to the age of two, the number of children between the ages of 4-10 is limited to 2 for the duration of the stay.
A 12x5m (39x16ft) swimming pool with a BBQ area is available to all guests.
The Villa has two main entrances. One leads directly to the first floor. The sleeping quarters may also be accessed through an internal staircase from the ground floor.
Villa – Ground floor:
Entrance hall with restored stone walls and terracotta tiles leads to two main areas of the ground floor.
A study/ reading room with parquet floor and a wood burning old stove with a mixture of stone walls and brick. Moving along passed the study is the long dining room. At the opposite corner of the main entrance is the sitting room with fireplace and gorgeous views. The entrance hall also leads to the a large kitchen comprising of an island kitchen and a main kitchen. Before entering the kitchen one finds a wood pizza oven. The two fully equipped kitchens are custom built with resin tops and have resin floors which lead on to the patio with 2 large tables and spectacular views. There is a drinks serving window from the main kitchen to the sitting room. The Laundry room /spare restroom (with travertino floors) is also on the ground floor. All other rooms on the ground floor are covered in traditional terra cotta tiles, whitened wooden beams in a contemporary Tuscan authentic style.
Villa – First floor (sleep 8):
The first floor is accessed from two entrances. A sitting room with parquet floors, retro and modern lighting and a very warm and welcoming atmosphere is accessed from the ground floor via a custom built steel staircase with durmast oak covering the steps.
There are 4 bedrooms on the first floor. All bedrooms have air-conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. Three of the bathrooms have very large showers and are in travertino tiling with one in terracotta. The colours are soft and delicate with a balanced feel for the rustic and the contemporary. The main bedroom’s ensuite bathroom has both a shower and bathtub.
- 1x Queen bedroom (air-conditioned) with ensuite bathroom overlooking the valley with spectacular views with bath tub and shower
- 1x Queen bedroom (air-conditioned) On request the queen bed can be separated in two single beds) with forest and olive grove views with an ensuite bathroom
- 1x Queen bedroom (air-conditioned) On request the queen bed can be separated in two single beds) overlooking the swimming pool with forest and olive grove views with an ensuite bathroom
- 1x Queen bedroom (air-conditioned) On request the queen bed can be separated in two single beds) overlooking the valley with an ensuite bathroom. While this is the smallest bedroom in the house, it has a very large window boasting breathtaking views.
Villa – Tower (sleep 2):
The bedroom on the tower is accessed from a little passageway and another steel /oak staircase right behind the living room on the first floor. The bedroom (air-conditioned) with ensuite bathroom with shower is in the tower like structure of the house known as “mansarda”. The bedroom has rustic parquet floors and being situated at the highest part of the building, has the best views of the entire house. The queen bed can be separated into two single beds on request.
Annex – Ground floor (sleep 2+2):
In addition to the main Villa, there is an annex which has been converted into a one bedroom (air-conditioned), single floor, self sufficient apartment. The apartment consists of a kitchen / dining room / living room with a sofa convertible in a queen bed; please note that the bathroom can be accessed only by the bedroom.
A French window style large door opens onto a grassy patio overlooking the valley with great views. A cosy queen sized bed with adjoining bathroom makes up the remainder of this apartment. There is also a patio outside the bedroom.
A 12m x 5m (39ft x 16ft) swimming pool is nestled between the house and the olive grove offering complete privacy and tranquility. The pool is surrounded by lawn and a BBQ area and canopy (8m x 4m) is close to the pool.
Distance by car:
- Nearest Bar, Coffee: Montegonzi [1 Km], Cavriglia [5 Km], Montevarchi [7 km]
- Nearest Restaurants: Montegonzi [1 Km], Cavriglia [5 Km], Montevarchi [7 km]
- Nearest Grocery stores: Cavriglia [5 Km], Montevarchi [7 km]
- Train Station [7 km]: Good train service to Florence (52 direct trains a day, 40 min journey), Rome (8 direct trains a day) and the main Italian cities
- Space Prada Outlet [12 km] Prada headquarter are located in Montevarchi and here you can shop for Prada, Miu Miu, Church’s and Car Shoe at good prices. Store is open every day with a nice little cafe for light lunch.
– Radda in Chianti [20 Km]
– Castellina in Chianti [29 Km]
– Arezzo [38 Km]
– Siena [45 Km]
– Firenze [59 Km]
– Cortona [71 Km]
– Pisa [144 Km]
- Private Swimming Pool (12m x 5m x 1.5m)
- Air conditioning in every bedroom (Consumption included up to 50 Euro per day)
- Underfloor heating throughout the property (Consumption included up to 50 Euro per day)
- Linens (Changed weekly)
- Washing machine & dryer
- 1 Iron, 1 Iron board
- Sat TV
- TV with DVD player (in the main villa)
- Outdoor Barbecue
- Wood Oven
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 Electric Ovens, 2 Hobs, 2 Refrigerators with freezer, 1 Kitchenette in the annexe
- Professional Dishwasher
- 6 hairdryers
- Private parking
- External security cameras
- Tourist tax
THINGS TO NOTE:
– The property is more suitable for an adult clientele, the number of children between the ages of 4-10 is limited to 2 for the duration of the stay, the number of babies is limited to 3
– Minimum stay: 5 nights
– Villa restoration completed in 2019 and opened to guests in 2021
- The street to arrive at the villa is a countryside partly unpaved road and is not suitable for sports cars or low suspensions cars.
– Swimming pool: 12 x 5 meters not heated
– A/C in the bedrooms, the ground floor mantains a costant temperature throughout the year and doesn’t require A/C
– No restaurant, coffee shop or breakfast available on the estate (The villa is self catered, a chef/cook is available on request and subject to availability
– There isn’t any public transportation. A car is needed to reach the accommodation and explore the area
- Guests: 12
- Amenities: Air Conditioning, American Coffee Machine, Bathroom essentials, BBQ, Bedroom comforts, Dishwasher, Dryer, Eco Sustainable, Espresso Machine, Free parking, Garden, Oven, Pets Allowed, Pool, Separate waste collection, Tv-sat, Washing Machine, Wi-Fi
- Categories: Countryside, Eco Friendly Houses, Luxury Villas, Tuscany
- Location: Arezzo, Chianti Area, Tuscany
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 7
From €750 per night